Nov 25, 2010

Chalk artist - Jo Lalonde


      During late October and early November we received an assignment that entailed us to go out and take pictures of peoples lives capturing the little "slices of life." I decided to do mine on a busker and had originally planned to do the project in Montreal QC. However I fell ill and was unable to complete it during my only opportunity to travel to Montreal so I searched Toronto and found Jo Lalonde working downtown. These are only a few pictures of what Lalonde does for a living but as you can see, her talent is quite evident.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love Jo Lalonde's work! It is so rare for me to catch her actually painting, but when it happens, I just stand and stare. I caught her today at the Eaton Centre around 1:30pm, unfortunately I couldn't give her any money, which sucks, as I definintely enjoyed watching her while eating a sausage! She is absolutely talented and should get paid by the city of Toronto for encouraging tourism and beauitfying the city. The city takes these artists for granted and doesn't provide any support for them. That's such a shame.