Nov 9, 2011

Advisory Board

Twice a year professionals from the photojournalism industry come to the school to critique our current portfolios and look at the work we've done so far.
This happened Monday November 7. It was a great opportunity for us to meet with the people who could end up hiring us after we graduate.
We met with photo editors and photographers from major News outlets as well as accomplished Freelancers and Retirees.

Let me start off by saying Last years Critiques were good, I feel like I gained a lot by them at a time when I was still just starting out.
This year went equally as good. For reasons I'm unsure of, my motivation has been more than lacking and my production value since I've gotten back to school has been below par. Meanwhile I feel students from first year are far out-shooting me so far this year.
The photo's I showed were from when I spent my time in B.C. over the summer and are what I feel are a true indication of my potential. They were reasonably well received which in a sense gave me a renewed confidence in myself.
Further more I realized that I need to start working harder here, focus more on the shooting aspect of things and try some new ideas. Basically change my whole outlook on shooting in Belleville because it's quite obviously not working out at the moment.
I've shown these people all my work from the summer and I'm going to have to show them something new when they return in the fall so that's something that is going to help keep me focused, these are the people who can potentially hire me in the future, if I don't show them what I can do, even here in Belleville then I fear a working in the industry will be further away then I would like.

For my current portfolio visit andrelodder.carbonmade.com
Also check out my Photoblog, andrelodder.tumblr.com

Follow me on Twitter @AndreLodder

I'd also like to take this opportunity to give you some blogs from others who are also currently experiencing the Loyalist College Photojournalism journey.

stephennorman.tumblr.com
tkongphotography.tumblr.com
kellymichellegagnephotography.tumblr.com
liamkb.tumblr.com
charmainecollinsphotography.tumblr.com/ 
michellecochranephotojournalist.blogspot.com
devaaning.blogspot.com/
leeimages.blogspot.com/ 
wynterphotography.tumblr.com/ 
iamrachelcohen.tumblr.com/ 
sanfordphoto.wordpress.com/ 
www.pearced.com/
meganvossphotojournalism.blogspot.com/
colebreiland.com/ 
lindahornphotography.tumblr.com/
tkongphotography.tumblr.com/
samanthacantelonphotography.tumblr.com/

Note: Theres more people in the course, I'm just not familiar with their blogs...

Thanks,
Andre

Up Next: Reflections Conitnued...

No comments: